The trading platform supports push notifications. Push notifications are short text messages which can be sent to mobile devices from the desktop platform and from various MQL5.community services.
Unlike SMS, push notifications are sent over the Internet and thus they do not depend on mobile carriers. They can be delivered to different regions without any fees. The trader only needs to install a mobile platform for iOS or Android. Notifications are delivered via the mobile platform.
Configuring Notifications in the Mobile Platform
The identifier of the push notification recipient is MetaQuotes ID. Each device has a unique ID. Open the mobile platform and go to the "Messages" section:
For further details please view the documentation for mobile platforms: iPhone/iPad, Android.
To install a mobile platform, please use the following links:
Configuring Notifications in the Desktop Platform
Check the "Enable Push Notifications" box and specify the MetaQuotes ID from your mobile platform.
You can specify up to 4 MetaQuotes IDs separated by commas. Push notifications will be sent to all devices simultaneously.
Next, select the type of notifications about trading activity on your account:
- Notifications from the local terminal — the platform will automatically send notifications about all successful trade operations to the specified MetaQuotes ID. The platform will also send notifications about any balance operations performed on the account as well as about the Margin Call state (in this case notifications are sent periodically, as long as the account is in the Margin Call state). The platform will not send notifications about unsuccessful operations (for example, if the order was rejected due to incorrect parameters).
- Notifications from the trade server — the advantage of this option over the previous one is that the trader does not need to keep the platform constantly running. Notifications are sent from the broker's server. For example, if a Take Profit triggers on the server while your computer is turned off, you will receive a relevant position closing notification on your mobile device.
When you enable this option, the platform subscribes the current account to notifications. If you want to enable notifications for a different account, connect using the relevant account and enable this option in the setting.
The availability and details of notifications depending on the broker. Three notification types are supported: orders, deals, and balance operations. When you enable the option, the available notification types will be displayed in the platform log:
'1222': subscribed to deals, orders, balance notifications from the trade server
Click on the "Test" button to test the delivery of push notifications. Upon successful sending, you will see a corresponding message, and a test notification will be delivered to your mobile device.
Notifications from a trade server can only be sent to real accounts, while they are not available for demo accounts.
Configuring Notifications from MQL5.community
In order to keep abreast of the latest MQL5.community events, you can set up notifications about the latest site events via the Settings — Notifications section of your profile.
- private message notifications
- notifications about comments on your blogs, forum posts, etc.
- notifications about step confirmations in the "Freelance" service
- notifications about completed product publication steps in the Market, notifications about article and Code Base publications
- notifications about new Market products, articles, free codes, and Freelance orders
- and much more
Next, go to Settings — Security, and enter your MetaQuotes ID.
Sending Notifications via an MQL5 Application
The MQL5 language provides a special function SendNotification which enables MQL5 applications to send push notifications to MetaQuotes ID specified in the platform settings. You can include notifications about any events in your code. If you do not have the required skills, you can order a program from a professional developer via the Freelance service.
Sending Messages via the Alert Function
The trading platform allows creating alerts to notify the user about market events. This feature is available in the Alerts tab of the Toolbox window. One of the event notification types is push notifications.
There is a limitation on the number of messages sent: no more than 1 message per 0.5 seconds and no more than 10 messages per minute.