Client Terminal is a part of the online trading system. It is installed on the trader's computer and is intended for:
- receiving quotes and news in the online mode;
- performing trade operations;
- controlling and managing open positions and pending orders;
- conducting technical analysis;
- writing expert advisors, custom indicators, scripts, and functions in MetaQuotes Language 4 (MQL4);
- testing and optimizing trading strategies.
For making a decision to trade, reliable on-line information is necessary. For that, quotes and news are delivered at the terminal in real-time mode. On basis of online delivered quotes, it is possible to analyze markets using technical indicators and line studies. Expert advisors allow working off the routine of observing markets and the own positions. Moreover, to ensure more flexible control over positions, several order types are built into the terminal.
The Client Terminal can operate under Microsoft Windows 7/8/10. A processor that supports SSE2 instruction sets is required for operating as well. Other hardware requirements depend on terms of using the terminal — load from running MQL4 applications, number of active instruments and charts, etc.