Market is a store of MQL4 applications at MQL5.community. Here, trading robots, indicators, and other applications for the trading terminal can be purchased or downloaded for free.
Before purchasing an application you can download its demo version. Demo versions have some limitations:
- A demo version of an Expert Advisor cannot be launched on an online chart of the client terminal. Its trading part can be tested only in the Strategy Tester;
- a demo version of an indicator cannot be launched and seen on an online chart. Its behavior can only be seen in the Visual testing mode in the Strategy Tester.
The upper part of the tab is designed to search the applications.
- Category — experts, indicators, panels, utilities, etc.
- Price and novelty — sorting products by price and novelty.
- Favorites — product marked as favorite.
- Purchased — list of products purchased/downloaded by the user;
- Balance — current account balance on MQL5.community. If the MQL5.community account is not specified in the terminal settings, the registration link is displayed instead of the balance.
- — the field for searching applications by their name or description. Enter the word into the search field and click .
The list of applications displays their cost and rating formed by the user's evaluation. The "Free" label means that the application is distributed on a free-of-charge basis.
Click on the application's logo to view, download or purchase it:
The upper part contains the toolbar for switching between the application data tabs:
- — back to the applications list.
- Application — a detailed description of the application can be viewed here.
- Screenshots — application screenshots can be viewed here.
- Reviews — users' reviews about the application can be viewed here. The tab is not displayed, in case there are no reviews.
To perform a payment, you can use your MQL5.community account funds. To do this, select the MQL5 payment method.
Making a purchase, you agree to the Rules of Using the Market Service.
Enter the password of your MQL5.community account to confirm your purchase. The specified amount is deducted from your account, and the product is downloaded to your terminal.
If your MQL5.community account has insufficient funds for buying a product, you may pay for it via one of the available payment systems directly in the terminal. To maintain a clear and unified history of purchases from the Market, the required amount will be first transferred to your MQL5.community account, from which a payment for the product will be made.
After selecting a payment method, the page of a corresponding payment system is opened. Specify the necessary payment data: your login and password in the payment system or card information.
The specified amount is deducted from your account, and the product is downloaded to your terminal.
Purchasing Products Without Signing Up for MQL5.community
If you do not have an MQL5.community account yet, you can still buy a Market product. Select the appropriate payment system and make a payment as described above.
We strongly recommend that you sign up for MQL5.community after making a purchase. This will allow you to:
- Install the product on other computers within the available number of activations
- Receive free product updates
The account should be registered directly from the terminal. Click Register MQL5.community account in the upper part of the Market window. After the registration is complete, the purchase is bound to the new account. You can see all your payments and purchases in your profile on the MQL5.com website.
The Market products can be rented for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months. For buyers, the rent is another opportunity to assess a product before buying a full license. Unlike demo versions that can be launched only in the strategy tester, rented products have no limitations except for the validity period.
The rental period and fee, as well as the very possibility to rent are set by product developers. Therefore, some products may be unavailable for rent.
The rental fee and period are displayed under a product logo:
Click Rent and select the rental period. As in the case of the full versions, you can pay for your purchase via your MQL5.community account or using one of the available payment systems. Besides, you can rent a product without signing up for MQL5.community.
After the period expires, rented products stop their operation automatically. For example, a rented trading robot is automatically removed from a chart. So, be careful not to leave your positions unattended if they have been managed by a rented Expert Advisor.
The following entry is periodically displayed in the terminal journal one day before the end of the rental period:
Licence of 'product.ex5' expires on 02.03.2015. Please renew the license, otherwise, the program will be stopped
In order to renew a rental period or buy a full version, move to the Purchased section.
The rental period expiration date is shown to the right of a product name. The current period expiration time is considered to be the beginning of the renewed rental period. Thus, you can renew the rent in advance without losing the time remaining till the current period expires.
If you want to purchase a full version, click Buy. In this case, you pay the full cost of a product. Previously paid rental fees are not considered.
The following information is displayed here:
- Name — product name. Demo versions of products are marked with the Demo label.
- Category — product category, such as Experts, Indicators etc. If you click on the product category, it will be selected in the "Navigator" window.
- Price — product cost in US dollars.
- Date — product download/purchase date.
A huge number of products is available for purchasing. When searching for products, you can add any of them to Favorites in order to select the best one. Add/remove a product from Favorites by clicking button available in the products list and a product page.
All Favorite products are displayed in a separate tab: