This window allows quick access to various features of the terminal. This window can be opened/closed by:
- pressing accelerating keys Ctrl+N
- the "View — Navigator" menu command
- pressing the Navigator Window button of the "Standard" toolbar.
The list of features is indexed as a tree and contains five groups: "Accounts," "Indicators," "Expert Advisors," "Custom Indicators," and "Scripts."
The "Accounts" group includes the list of open accounts. Using a context menu, one can open a new demo account or delete the old one.
•Open an Account — An unlimited amount of demo accounts can be opened from the terminal. One has to execute the "Open an Account" context menu command or press the "Insert" button. More details about the opening of accounts can be found in the corresponding section.
•Login to Trade Account — to authorize an existing account (whether a demo or a real one), one has to execute the "Login to Trade Account" command or double-click with the left mouse button on the desired account line.
•Login to Web Terminal — the web terminal allows trading on financial markets and conducting technical analysis using a web browser. The web platform is safe to use - any transmitted information is securely encrypted. - Not currently available.
•Login to MQL5.community — opens the trading platform settings to log in to MQL5.community and get additional services.
•Change Password — opens the window to change the trading account password.
•Delete — deletes the selected account. The same action can be performed by pressing the "Delete" key.
•Add to Favorites — adds the selected account to favorites.
After executing this command, you'll go to the signal registration page at MQL5.community. •Register as Signal — register a selected account in the "Signals" service. The selected account and the right broker server will be automatically specified in the registration form.
•Register a Virtual Server — this command allows you to allocate a virtual server for the terminal's continuous round-the-clock operation. Unlike renting ordinary VDS or VPS from third-party companies, you can select the server closest to your broker, minimizing the network latency when sending orders from the terminal to the trade server. - Not currently available.
This group contains indicators — the main tools for analyzing the price dynamics:
- Built-in technical indicators are divided into four categories: Trend, Oscillators, Volumes, Bill Williams.
- Indicators downloaded from the source code library at MQL5.community. Displayed in "Downloads" sub-category.
- Indicators purchased from the Market — the store of applications for the trading platform. Displayed in the "Market" sub-category.
- Built-in examples of indicators with the source codes. Displayed in "Examples" sub-category.
- Custom indicators are located in the/MQL4/Indicators folder; displayed according to the subfolder's structure.
The Navigator shows only executable indicator files (*.EX4).
Important Note: If the diamond in the lower right corner of a program icon is gray (for example, No source code/Couldn't be compiled), it means that the program doesn't have source code files or couldn't be compiled.
The following commands can be executed in the context menu:
- Attach to Chart — apply a selected indicator to the active chart. A double click on the indicator can perform the same action. Besides, using the Drag'n'Drop method, one can apply an analytical tool to any chart or a subwindow of the already attached indicator.
- Modify — open the source code file (*.MQ4) of a selected indicator in MetaEditor. The same action can be performed by selecting an indicator and pressing the Enter key.
- Delete — delete a selected custom indicator. This action deletes its executable file (*.EX4) and its source code file (*.MQ4). The same action can be performed by clicking the Delete key.
- Buy from the Market — go to the Market — the store of applications for the trading platform.
- Order your own Program — go to ordering the development of an MQL4 program at the "Freelance" service at MQL5.community.
- Create in MetaEditor — go to the creation of a custom indicator. The execution of this command opens MQL4 Wizard in MetaEditor, where an indicator can be created. The same action can be performed by clicking the Insert key.
- Add to Favorites — add a selected indicator to favorites.
- Set hotkey — assign a hotkey to the selected indicator.
- Refresh — re-read the information about existing compiled indicators from the hard disk. The execution of this command is necessary when copying already compiled files to the corresponding folder of the client terminal.
- Online library — go to the "CodeBase" section, where you can easily download programs published in the corresponding section of the MQL5.community website.
The "Expert Advisors" group contains a list of all available expert advisors. Expert Advisors in the terminal are programs allowing to automate analytical and trading activities. To create and modify them, the built-in editor, MetaEditor, is used. More details about creating and working with experts can be found in the "Auto Trading" section.
The "Create" context menu command allows to create a new expert, "Modify" — to modify an existing one, and "Delete" — to delete an expert from the terminal. The "Attach to a Chart" command or double-click with the left mouse button allow imposing the expert into the active chart. After that, when a new tick income, the expert will start working. Experts can be imposed into any chart with the "Drag'n'Drop" technique.
Hotkeys can be assigned to call any "Navigator" window elements, except for those in the "Accounts" group.
To set a hotkey for an element, one has to execute the "Set hotkey" command of this element's context menu. The hotkeys set have a higher priority being compared to those predefined. For example, Ctrl+O is predefined to call the terminal setting window. If this pair of keys is set to call the On Balance Volume indicator, the terminal setting window will not be called by pressing Ctrl+O anymore.
The "Favorites" tab is intended for quick access to objects used most often.
For example, in this tab, only necessary accounts, indicators, scripts, and experts can be placed. This allows accelerating the trader's work, especially if there is a need to act promptly. To move a necessary object into the "Favorites" tab, one has to execute the corresponding context menu command. If the object is not necessary anymore, it can be deleted from the tab using the "Delete from favorites" context menu command.
Attention: All objects included in the "Favorites" can function without any limitations. All managing commands placed in the context menu can also be called directly from this tab.