Scalping is a trading strategy through which the trader (Scalper/Pip Hunter) attempts to take advantage of small price moves and narrow ranges by making many transactions on small price changes over a small time frame.
Scalping is allowed on variable spread account types. Please refer to our account types table.
However, Orbex does not permit scalping on Fixed spread account types. In case Orbex classifies a Fixed account holder as a scalper or a pip hunter, the company may, at its sole discretion, and without prior written notice, take one of the following actions:
- Change the account type to the corresponding variable spread account type
- Terminate this Agreement
- Close out all or any of the Client’s open positions at current market prices
- Debit the Client Trading Account(s) for the amounts which are due to the Company
- Close any or all of the Client Trading Accounts held with the Company
- Combine Client Trading Accounts; consolidate the Balances in such Client Accounts and offset those Balances
- Refuse to open new Client Trading Accounts for the Client